I love this recipe. My old neighbor Howard made brussel sprouts similar to this, and it was the first time I ever tasted brussel sprouts, and I loved them. I recommend cooking the brussel sprouts well. Brussel sprouts are supposed to be excellent to help avoid cancer.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Remove loose outer leaves of brussel sprouts, then cut the brussel sprouts in half.
- In saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the brussel sprouts and fry, stirring occasionally, until very dark brown, almost charred, but NOT burnt.
- In the last couple of minutes of cooking, add the garlic and stir in to combine. Turn down the heat to avoid burning the garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.